Attorney Timothy K. Lamy
Tim Lamy is the definition of sacrifice and accommodation. He was born in New Orleans and raised in Jefferson Parish. He obtained his law degree from Loyola Law School while raising three toddlers. His “West Bank” roots are closely linked to the River and Maritime Industry. Tim’s passion is the courtroom. His uncanny ability to think on his feet and connect with jurors results in large dollar verdicts for his clients.
Tim is dedicated to the nuts and bolts of lawyering, lecturing other attorneys on multiple legal topics. He has mastered uninsured motorist litigation, obtaining money verdicts on cases thought to be helpless. Tim’s talents are evident as attorneys routinely associate him on Maritime and difficult commercial litigation cases. When going to court, you deserve a confident and tireless attorney. Tim Lamy is that attorney.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury because of the negligence of others, contact Tim now for a Free Case Evaluation.
Timothy K. Lamy attended Archbishop Shaw high school before graduating from the University of New Orleans. He earned his law degree at Loyola School of Law in 1985.
Areas of Practice
Tim practices in the areas of Auto Insurance, Work Related Injuries, Maritime, Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, and Industrial Accidents as well as Federal and State Worker’s Compensation Claims. Tim entered private practice in 1985 at Barker, Boudreaux, Lamy & Foley (predecessor of Foley, Lamy & Jefferson).
• Louisiana State Bar Association (1985)
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
• U.S. District Court, Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana
Tim is a member of the Federal Bar Association as well as the New Orleans Bar Association. He is also a member of the Louisiana Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers’ Association), the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers’ Association), and the American Bar Association.
Awards and Honors
Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ ranks Tim “AV Preeminent®”, their highest rating of professional excellence for legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. He is also a Life Member of the National Registry of Who’s Who Amongst American Lawyers, February 26, 2001, and the Presidential Who’s Who, 2008 – 2009.
Tim regularly lectures to a diverse list of conferences, associations and groups including, The Annual Conference on Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, The Annual Longshore Conference, The Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, and The National Business Institute among others. He has spoken on a variety of legal topics such as:
• “Borrowed Servants – A View From Claimant/Employer Perspectives”
• “The Ethical Representation of Longshore Claims, Some Pitfalls to Avoid”
• “Uninsured Motorist Coverage”
• “Claims, Coverage & Counsel, Special Issues in UM and UIM Law”
• “Identifying and Investigating Coverage Issues”
• “Challenges in Louisiana Insurance Coverage Litigation”
• “Winning Strategies for Proving Damages in the Louisiana Personal Injury Case”
• “Bad Faith Litigation in Louisiana”
• “An In-Depth Analysis of Insurance Coverage Options in Louisiana”
• “Insurance Law”
• “Plaintiff’s Personal Injury From Start to Finish”
• “Settling Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims”
• “Insurance Law: Third Party Coverage”
• “Gaining the Best Settlement in Auto Injury Cases”
• “Litigating the Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claim”
• “Liens and Settlements in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Practice”
• “Key Elements of UM Coverage”
• “Automobile Litigation Strategic Issues and Answers”
• “A Short Course on the Medicare Second Payer Act”
• “Litigating Low-Impact Collision Cases”
• “Successful Medical Malpractice Suits”
• “Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law 101”
• “Advanced Trial Tactics”
• “Cross-Examination and Redirect-Focus on Experts and Evidence”
Tim is married with children and grandchildren.